Seminar von Herrn Prof. Dr. M. Meyer
The lecture covers selected topics in Supply Chain and Operations Management (SCOM). Topics cover the fields of:
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management (e.g. Assessment of emissions in supply chains, carbon auditing,…)
- Mathematical modeling of SCOM problems (e.g. shortest path problems, Hub-&-Spoke networks,…).
Mathematical optimization software (e.g. Excel Solver) will be used for solving selected problems.
Students will have the opportunity to validate and deepen their understanding of the lecture contents in a group project, in which each group chooses one of the following topics:
- Comparative assessment of different types of distribution networks regarding cost and CO2 emissions
- City logistics: Utilization of freight villages to reduce road traffic and CO2 emissions
- The impact of additive manufacturing on supply chains: A critical analysis under consideration of supply chain sustainability
Assessment is based on a combined examination, consisting of two parts:
- Final written examination (50% of final grade)
- Practical part: Research report including presentation (50% of final grade)